“This recipe came out during the 2016 Presidential Election. I liked the idea of both chocolate and oatmeal, and these are very good.” – April Ferre
Clinton Family Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 12- Ounce Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Beat together shortening, sugars, and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, beating until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture and rolled oats. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Cool cookies on sheets for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies.