“It is no secret that I love tri tip. That may be an understatement. My karate dojo has been doing a BBQ fundraiser for a few years now that included tri tip, chicken, baked beans and potato salad. All of it is wonderful. I buy two dinners for myself each time. But my favorite part … the potato salad! Best potato salad I’ve ever had. So naturally, I went looking for a copy cat recipe. This recipe comes very close.” – April Ferre
Classic Potato Salad
- 3 Pounds Potatoes Cut Into Chunks
- 3 Stalks Celery Chopped
- 2 Large Dill Pickles Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Pickle Juice From Jar
- 6 Ounces Sliced Olives
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 5 Hard Boiled Eggs Chopped
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Fresh Chopped Dill To Taste, Optional
- Cover potato chunks with water and boil until tender but not falling apart. Drain and refrigerate until cooled.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. For best results refrigerate potato salad overnight.