“I got this from an old Family Circle magazine back when it only cost a nickel!” – Jean Hansen
“Growing up my Mom fixed this more often than Tuna Noodle Casserole. She use to serve it in these really pretty shells. It was also one of Mom’s friend, Diane’s favorites. She use to request it every time she came to visit.” – Calla Ferre
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 3- Ounce Can (2 Cups) Chow-Mein Noodles
- 1 7- Ounce Can (1 Cup) Tuna
- 1 Cup Celery Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Salted Toasted Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- Dash Pepper
- Combine soup and water. Add 1 cup chow-mein noodles, tuna, celery, cashews, onion, and pepper. Toss lightly.
- Place in ungreased 10x6x2 inch baking dish. Sprinkle remaining noodles over top. Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) for 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with drained canned mandarin-orange sections.
1962 Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Family Circle Magazine