“Fantabulous cookies! Double chocolate, oatmeal and walnuts to satisfy all your cravings.” – April Ferre
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter Or Margarine Softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 11- Ounce Package Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups Oatmeal Uncooked
- 1 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Gradually add combined flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9-10 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered. Makes 4 dozen.
2003 Recipe – April Ferre – From Chocolate Lovers Cookbook: For Those Who Are Special