“While this recipe may seem like a ‘well duh’ sort of thing, I liked having different options beside just plain chocolate right at my finger tips. There is such room for creativity here. You could even use Royal Icing to do scroll work on the chocolate.” – April Ferre
“You may substitute chocolate chips in place of melting chocolate if it is not available. Some add a bit of vegetable oil or shortening, but you can also use chocolate chips alone. To keep at the proper temperature for dipping, leave melted chocolate in a bowl sitting about hot water or in a double boiler. Refer to Molded Chocolates for ‘painting’ techniques.” – Calla Ferre
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- White, Milk and/or Dark Melting Chocolate
- Shredded Coconut
- Toffee Chips
- Chopped Walnuts, Almonds, or Other Nuts
- Chocolate or Other Candy Sprinkles
- Melt chocolate in double boiler and keep over warm water. Dip strawberries in chocolate and then in any optional toppings. Also try double-dipping strawberries in two different chocolates or swirling strawberries in two different chocolates to create a variety of different chocolate covered strawberries.
- Place strawberries on wax paper for chocolate to harden.
2003 Recipe – April Ferre – From News 10 Midday