“This is a quick and easy meal and a great use for left-over rotisserie chicken. My Mom created this when she and my Dad were on a low-carb diet, but you can make this with regular sugar and using cornstarch to thicken the sauce as well.” – April Ferre
Low-Carb Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Thicken Thin (Not Starch)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Chicken Base or Bouillon
- 1 Tablespoon Lite Soy Sauce
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 2 Packets (4 Teaspoons) Splenda
- 3 Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup Onion Sliced & Quartered
- 2 Cups Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 2 Chicken Breasts Cooked & Cubed
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Butter
- Make sauce by combining first 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Steam broccoli. While broccoli is cooking, heat oil. Sauté onion and minced garlic until garlic starts to brown. Add butter, then mushrooms and cook until almost done.
- Add chicken; cook until heated through. Add broccoli. Pour desired amount of sauce over cooked ingredients. Cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, making sure sauce covers all ingredients.
2005 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre