“You could use any flavor preserves in this recipe and it would be fantastic.” – April Ferre
Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Cherry Preserves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Stir in cherry preserves, almond extract, and half and half.
- Strain mixture into a 1-quart jar. If desired, further chop cherry pieces. Store in a separate container. Place both containers in the refrigerator until chilled or overnight.
- Pour ice cream base into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Add cherries about 15 minutes into the freezing process. Makes about 1 quart.
2020 Adapted Recipe – April Ferre – Adapted from Ice Cream by Mable & Gar Hoffman, 1981