“Can’t decide between cheesecake and chocolate? This is your recipe.” – April Ferre
- 1 18.4-Ounce Package Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 8-Ounce Package Cream Cheese Softened
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine Softened
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 14-Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie mix as directed on the box. Spread into a well-greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
- With mixer, beat cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and cornstarch in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk. Add egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour cheesecake mixture evenly over brownie batter.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Cool.
- In small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter and water. Stir in cocoa powder. Remove from heat; beat in confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. Spread over brownies. When set, cut brownies into bars. Store covered in the refrigerator. Makes about 3 dozen bars.
2001 Recipe – April Ferre – From Eagle Brand Holiday Magic, 1999