“Stick this in the slow cooker when you get up in the morning, and have a nice hot lunch in the afternoon.” – Jean Hansen
Bratwurst With Red Cabbage
- 1 Small Head Red Cabbage Shredded (approx 8 Cups)
- 2 Apples Peeled, Cored And Diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Red Potatoes Quartered
- Place cabbage and apples in slow cooker. Stir in vinegar, sugar, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Add red potatoes, carrots and bratwurst on top of cabbage.
- Cook on high 3 1/2 hours or low for 7 hours.
I cut this recipe in half and it works beautifully.
2010 Recipe – Jean Hansen