“I had extra butternut squash I needed to find a purpose for, so I roasted it with some garlic and added a little half and half and it made a pretty good soup. Simple and creamy.” – April Ferre
Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Butternut Squash Peeled & Cubed
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Half and Half
- 7 Fresh Sage Leaves Optional
- Cinnamon Optional
- Nutmeg Optional
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Toss butternut squash and onion with garlic and olive oil. Spread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Combine squash and chicken broth in blender and puree on high speed until well blended. Stir in half and half. Serve hot.
- Sage: Finely chop 6 fresh sage leaves and toss with butternut squash before roasting. Garnish soup with extra chopped fresh sage.
- Autumn Spiced: After adding half and half, add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
2018 Original Recipe, Revised 2021 – April Ferre