“Don’t bother buying bread crumbs in the store, it is much easier to just make them at home. Great on top of stuffed mushrooms!” – April Ferre
Buttered Bread Crumbs
- 1 Slice Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley Minced, If Desired
- Tear bread into pieces and process in a food processor until crumbly.
- Melt butter in a fry pan over medium heat. Toss crumbs in butter until lightly browned. Remove from heat and add parsley, if desired.
- Bread crumbs can be frozen in an airtight container. Makes 1/2 cup butter crumbs.
- Parmesan Crumbs: Add 1 to 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Herbed Crumbs: Add 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano, Sage, Basil, or Marjoram.
2016 Recipe – April Ferre – From Knudsen’s Cooking for Compliments, 1977