“After buying a stove top espresso pot to make espresso for Pietro’s Tiramisu, I began experimenting with my own hot espresso drinks. Forget Starbucks! You can make your own mochas and lattés at home cheaper and they taste much better. Eventually I wanted to learn more about espresso, so I bought the book this recipe came in. Great overall espresso book and some great espresso drinks, including this one!” – April Ferre
Black Forest Latté
- 1 1/2 Ounces Chocolate Syrup or Creme De Cacao Liqueur
- 1 1/2 Ounces Raspberry Flavored Syrup or Kirsch Liqueur
- 2 Ounces Hot Fresh Espresso or Strong Coffee
- 4 to 6 Ounces Steamed Milk or Half & Half
- Whipped Cream For Garnish
- Chocolate Syrup or Shavings For Garnish
- Pour chocolate syrup and raspberry syrup into a 12 ounce latte mug or cup. Add espresso. Fill the rest of the way with steamed milk. Stir to blend. Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Variation: Drizzle raspberry syrup on top of whipped cream, top with chocolate shavings and put a cherry on top!
2012 Recipe – April Ferre – From “I Love Coffee!” by Susan Zimmer, 2007.