“I had a craving for Amish Friendship Bread, but didn’t want to wait for a starter to cook, so I found this recipe. Variations can be found on the main Amish Friendship Bread recipe.” – April Ferre
Amish Friendship Bread (Shortcut)
- 2 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large or 2 Small Packages Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat two 9×5-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pudding mix; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Stir liquid mixture into flour mixture and combine well. Evenly divide mixture into the two loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry. Let cool 15 minutes, then invert and finish cooling on a wire rack.