“A little more effort than Baked Apples. Make for an extra special dessert.” – April Ferre
Amber Baked Apples
- 3/4 Cup Karo All-Purpose Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Rind Grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 6 Baking Apples Halved Crosswise, Cored And Pared
- Combine Karo syrup, margarine, lemon rind, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring just to boil.
- Arrange apple halves in a single layer, cut side up, in a 12x8x2 inch baking dish. Spoon syrup mixture over apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven about 50 minutes or until apples are fork-tender. Baste frequently during baking. Cool. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen