“A nice way to dress up carrots.” – Calla Ferre
“I’m generally not a fan of celery, cooked or otherwise, and I was skeptical of this recipe before I tried it. But it actually has a nice fresh taste and the lemon sauce takes a bit of the harshness out of the celery. Be careful not to overcook it though; it would not be very good if it were mushy.” – April Ferre
- 1 Cup (3 Medium) Carrots Thinly Sliced
- 1 Cup (2 Stalks) Celery Thinly Sliced Diagonally
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Melt butter in skillet. Add carrots and celery. Cook and stir until carrots are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, flour, and lemon juice. Remove from heat. Makes 2 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen