“This comes from my Mother’s best friend in high school. I was watching one of those cooking competition shows on TV where they give the chefs a variety of odd ingredients to prepare different dishes. One time they had fruit cocktail in their baskets. These experienced chefs didn’t know what to do with it!? How could you not have any idea what to do with fruit cocktail. I should send them this recipe.” – Jean Hansen
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup + T Tablespoon Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg Beaten
- 1 Can Fruit Cocktail Drained, But Not Dry
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Nuts
- Sift together dry ingredients into a bowl. Mix in egg and combine well. Add fruit cocktail, stir to combine. Place into greased baking dish.
- Mix together brown sugar and nuts and sprinkle over top. Bake 35 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Served with sweetened whipped cream.
Early 1900s Recipe – Ada Jepson