“Wow! I tell you what, wow!. Amazing jam. I’ve never been much for toast, but now, it makes a great snack at any time of the day. There is nothing better than homemade jam, and this one tops the list.” – April Ferre
- 3 Pints Fresh Strawberries
- 1 20-Ounce Can Crushed Pineapple, Drained
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 7 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 6-Ounce Bottle Liquid Fruit Pectin
- Melted Paraffin
- Wash berries gently in cold water. Drain; hull. In large bowl, with potato masher, crush berries. Measure 3 2/3 cups.
- In large kettle, combine berries, pineapple, lemon juice, and sugar; stir to combine well. Place over high heat; stirring constantly, bring to a full rolling boil. Then boil the mixture hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in pectin. With metal spoon, stir and skim 5 minutes, to cool slightly and prevent floating fruit.
- Ladle quickly into 10 6-ounce sterilized jelly glasses. Top each with 1/8-thick layer of melted paraffin. Cool. Makes 10 6-ounce glasses.
Recipe – Jean Hansen