“During college, I occasionally got together with my friends Hon and Samen to cook a nice meal and hang out. This is one of the cakes we made that turned out really well.” – April Ferre
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 14- Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 12- Ounce Can Evaporated Milk
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
- Blackberries Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together; set aside. Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture bit by bit. Mix until blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Pierce Cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk. Pour enough over the cake to soak.
- Frost with sweetened whipped cream. Top with strawberries and blackberries.
You can also buy white cake mix and prepare as directed on box in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
2003 Recipe – Hon Seng