“I use to enjoy this tremendously, until I the doctor banned my eating tomatoes.” – Calla Ferre
Tomato, Sausage And Corn Bread Casserole
- 1 1/2 Pound Pork Sausage Meat Cut Into 12 Patties
- 1 Medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 1- Pound Can Tomatoes
- 1 6- Ounce Can Tomato Paste Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 12- Ounce Package Corn Muffin Mix
- 3/4 Cup American Cheese Finely Diced
- Brown sausage patties in skillet and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings, on absorbent paper.
- Brown onion in reserved sausage drippings. Add next 5 ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix Parmesan cheese and corn muffin mix. Continue preparing muffin mix as directed on package. Spread in greased, shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange 6 patties on corn mixture. Cover with tomato mixture and arrange remaining patties on top.
- Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with American cheese and bake 15 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen