“Another one of Jennie’s tasty finds. She was always baking something, and brought these in one day to share.” – Calla Ferre
Texas Governor’s Mansion Cowboy Cookies
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- 1 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 3 Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2 Cups Sweetened Flake Coconut
- 2 Cups 8 Ounces Pecans, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars. Beat 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
- For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies 3 inches apart. Bake 17-20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove to rack to cool. Makes 3 dozen large cookies.
- For 6 dozen small cookies use 2 tablespoons of dough each and bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
Recipe – Jennie Shabel – From “Good Morning America” Website, Laura Bush