“Another good find from a fellow coworker.” – Calla Ferre
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- In pan on stove, bring to a boil water, butter, cocoa powder and salt. In mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add dry ingredients to cocoa mixture and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Pour into greased and floured 9×13 inch cake pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 400 degrees. While cake is baking, prepare icing:
- Melt together 1/2 cup butter, 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder, and 6 Tablespoons milk.
- 5 minutes before cake is done, add 1 cup chopped nuts, 1 pound powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix and pour over hot cake. Serve hot or cold. Serves 12 to 15.
2010 Recipe – Claudia Laugenour