- 1 6- Pound Butt Half Fresh Ham
- 1 Can (6-Ounces) Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 2 3- Inch Pieces Stick Cinnamon
- Lime Slices Halved
- Trim skin and any excess fat from pork. Place roast on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Insert meat thermometer into roast so bulb reaches thickest part without touching bone. Roast in slow oven (325 degrees) for 3 1/2 hours or until thermometer reaches 180 degrees.
- While pork roasts, combine pineapple and lime juices, brown sugar, cloves, and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling. Simmer 5 minutes. Brush part over roast. Continue roasting, brushing every 10 minutes with remaining pineapple mixture, 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 185 degrees and pork is tender and richly glazed.
- Remove to a heated serving platter. Make two cuts lengthwise across the top of the roast. Tuck halved lime slices into cuts and brush with any remaining pineapple mixture. Garnish platter with parsley. Carve roast into 1/4- inch thick slices. Makes a little more than 6 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen