“This reminds me a bit of Swiss Steak, but with pineapple and peppers. At the end of cooking, you can remove the beef and vegetables and thicken the juices to make a nice gravy.” – April Ferre
- 2 Pounds Stewing Beef
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 20- Ounce Can Pineapple Chunks Drained
- 1 16- Ounce Can Tomatoes
- 1 Envelope Onion Gravy Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Wine Vinegar
- 2 Green Peppers Cut In 1-Inch Squares
- Cooked Rice
- Brown beef in oil. Drain off excess fat. Combine with pineapple in slow cooker (Crockpot).
- Break up tomatoes in bowl; combine with gravy mix, soy sauce and vinegar. Add to beef and pineapple; stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Add green pepper and cook 1 hour longer until beef is tender. Serve with rice. Makes 6 servings.
1975 Recipe – Jean Hansen