“This recipe has been passed down through the generations as long as we can remember. I had to start leaving out the tomatoes when I became allergic, but it is excellent even without them.” – Calla Ferre
“One of my favorite beef recipes. Use the drippings to create a nice gravy. I like to serve mine with jasmine rice.” – April Ferre
- Beef Round Steak
- 3 to 4 Onions Sliced
- 1 14-Ounce Can Italian Style Diced Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- If you are unable to get Round Steak, London Broil can also be used. Tenderize meat.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper; rub in. Brown meat in small amount of oil in fry pan. Place browned meat in 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Top with sliced onions and pour over stewed tomatoes. Discard excess oil in pan.
- Add water to loosen brownings; pour over meat. Add water almost cover or to cover meat. Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender.
Recipe – Jean Hansen