“The bananas give this sweet side dish a little bit of tang!” – April Ferre
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 Pound Sweet Potatoes About 2 Medium
- Olive Oil
- 2 Firm Bananas Unpeeled
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and rub with olive oil. Put them in a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes.
- Toss the bananas into the pan and continue roasting for 10 to 15 minutes, until both the bananas and potatoes are very soft. Remove pan from oven.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl. Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl along with maple syrup and butter. Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until everything's well combined and the mixture is fluffy.
- Spoon into an oven-proof serving bowl and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe – Helen Ferre