Sweet-Hot Sausage Meatballs
- 2 8-Ounce Cans Water Chestnuts Drained
- 1 Pound Bulk Pork Sausage
- 1 Pound Bulk Hot Pork Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Cider or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- Mince water chestnuts. Add pork sausage. Mix well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place into ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. (I use my jelly pan lined with foil.) Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- In a sauce pan, combine cornstarch, maple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce. Stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Drain meat balls and add sauce. Heat through. Makes 12 to 14 servings.
I usually cut this recipe in half. Also, if you feel the sauce is too thick, add a little water.
2003 Recipe – Jean Hansen