“We use to make this during the holiday season and commonly served it with breakfast on Christmas morning.” – Calla Ferre
“This is one of my favorite to make for the fair. It’s got an old-fashioned feel and looks beautiful on the plate. It’s a bit tricky to keep the orange filling in, but the end results are definitely worth it.” – April Ferre
Swedish Tea Ring
- 1 Basic Bread Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons Butter Soft
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Rind Grated
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 Cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- Maraschino Cherries Sliced
- Sliced Almonds
- Cream butter. Add orange juice and orange rind. Blend in confectioner's sugar until smooth.
- Spread on dough as for cinnamon rolls, reserving some for frosting later. Roll, also as for cinnamon rolls. Place sealed edge down on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Form a ring and pinch edges together. With scissors, make cuts 2/3 of the way through the ring at 1-inch intervals. Turn each section on its side. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly and frost with reserved filling. Decorate with sliced maraschino cherries and sliced almonds.
- You may also use a traditional cinnamon roll filling in this recipe, be creative!
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Betty Crocker’s Picture Cookbook, 1956