“I have fond memories of these, until the allergies kicked in! Wish I could still eat them.” – Calla Ferre
“I like to double the stuffing ingredients to make these a more substantial part of the meal.” – April Ferre
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 (2 Pounds) Medium Zucchini
- 1/4 Pound Pork Sausage
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Fine Cracker Crumbs
- 1 Egg Slightly Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Thyme
- Dash Garlic Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Cook whole zucchini in boiling salted water until barely tender (7-10 minutes). Cut in half lengthwise; scoop squash from shells and mash.
- Cook sausage with onion; drain fat. Stir in zucchini. Reserving 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, add remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into shells and place in shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and dash with paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Better Homes and Gardens Magazine