“I remember really enjoying these while I was growing up.” – Calla Ferre
- 1 2- Pound Egg Plant
- 1/4 Cup Onion Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/4 Cup Round Butter Crackers Crushed
- Cut 1-inch thick slice lengthwise from egg plant. Hollow out, leaving 1/2-inch shell. Dice pieces. Cook in small amount of boiling water until just tender, 5 minutes. Drain.
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons butter until soft. Add drained egg plant, soup, parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Fold in 1 cup crumbs.
- Pile in shell. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Pour hot water into pan to 1/4-inch depth.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until filling is set. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen