“So refreshing on a hot day!” – Calla Ferre
Strawberry Sorbet #2
- 1 Envelope Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/4 Cup Water Cold
- 1 Cup Water Hot
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 10- Oz Packages Frozen Strawberries Thawed*
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- * Or 2 Cups Fresh Sliced Strawberries, Sweetened To Taste.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in saucepan and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Add hot water and sugar. Heat, stirring constantly, over medium heat until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat and add undrained strawberries and lemon juice.
- Place in a shallow pan in freezer until mixture is firm at the edges. Turn into mixer bowl and beat until smooth. Return to freezer until firm. Makes 6 servings.
1984 Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Santa Cruz Sentinel, February 1984, Kay Moon, Home Economist