“This tastes more like a dessert than a salad.” – Calla Ferre
“This recipe was originally filed under ‘Salads’. However, further research and personal experience tells me that this is more properly labeled ‘mousse’. It is very sweet and very rich. I nice way to bring back the tastes of summer during the colder months.” – April Ferre
- 1 Envelope (2 1/2 Teaspoons) Unflavored Gelatin
- 1 6- Ounce Can (2/3 Cup) Frozen Lemonade Concentrate, Thawed
- 1 10- Ounce Package Frozen Strawberries Partially Thawed
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream Whipped
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water. Dissolve in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in lemonade concentrate and strawberries (with juice). Chill until partially set.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour into 6 individual molds. Chill until firm. Unmold and garnish with additional whipped cream and mint leaves if desired. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen