“In looking through my Grandma’s note cards, I thought it was cool that she had a recipe for Stove Top Stuffing, as it is now prolifically boxed and sold in the grocery store by the General Foods Company (now owned by Kraft.) The sell approximately 60 million boxes of the stuff every Thanksgiving. But now, you can make your own at home!” – April Ferre
Stove Top Stuffing
- 2 1/2 Cups Bread Cubes
- 1 1/2 to 2 Cups Water
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken Boullion
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Onion
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Minced Celery
- 1/4 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients except bread cups. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs and stir to moisten. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
Recipe – Helen Ferre