Stir-Fry Beef With Snow Peas
- 1 Pound Boneless Beef Sirloin
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Sherry
- 1/2 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 2 Cups Fresh Snow Peas Stringed
- 1 Cup Fresh Bean Sprouts
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Slice beef across the grain into thin strips. In medium bowl, combine steak, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, soy sauce and sherry.
- Dissolve remaining cornstarch in beef broth and reserve.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet. Add beef and garlic. Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining oil. Add snow peas and bean sprouts. Stir-fry 1 minute. Add beef broth mixture; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Garnish with walnuts. Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From the Santa Cruz Sentinel