“This makes a nice hot spinach salad. Good with crumbled hard boiled egg on top.” – Calla Ferre
Spinach with Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 2 Pounds Spinach
- 4 Slices Bacon Cut Into Pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- Sautéed Scallops Optional
- Chopped Hard Boiled Eggs Optional
- Fry bacon and put aside. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Blend in flour. Mix water and vinegar; season with sugar, salt and pepper. Add all this slowly to the drippings and flour, blending until smooth and thick.
- Pour sauce over the fresh spinach. Add bacon. Optional: Serve with sautéed scallops. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe – Jean Hansen