Spinach Salad with Warm Dressing
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 Eggs Beaten
- Torn Fresh Spinach
- Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Pound Bacon Sliced, Cooked & Crumbled
- Combine sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in water and vinegar. Cook, stir until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- Stir small amount of dressing into eggs. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil, cook, and stir 2 minutes longer. Serve over spinach and sliced mushrooms and sprinkle with bacon and croutons.
- May be kept in a slow cooker on low. Makes 6 1/2 cups. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Recipe – Jean Hansen