“It’s nice to have a good Spanish Rice recipe to accompany your Mexican fiesta.” – April Ferre
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 Cup Minute Rice
- 1 14-Ounce Can Stewed Tomatoes Reserve Liquid
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Pepper
- In large skillet, cook green pepper, onion, chilies, garlic, basil, rosemary in hot oil until vegetables are tender.
- Drain stewed tomatoes well, reserving liquid, and chop well. Add water to tomato liquid to equal 1 Cup. Stir rice and tomato liquid into vegetables. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook covered over low heat until liquid is absorbed and rice is done.
1984 Recipe – Jean Hansen (Modified 2012 – April Ferre)