“This recipe will make two good sized cheese balls an can be halved, if desired. It has a good flavor, the little bit of liquid smoke is a nice touch. You may want to adjust the horseradish and onion to your taste. Make sure to drain the salmon very well, even so you may need to put the mixture in the freezer for a bit to get it firm enough to roll into a ball. That being said, this would also make for a great filling for tea sandwiches or as a filling for Luncheon Puff Pastry Appetizers” – April Ferre
Salmon Party Ball
- 1 16 Ounce Can (2 Cups) Salmon
- 1 8- Ounce Package Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Onion Grated
- 1 Teaspoon Prepared Horseradish
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 1/2 Cup Pecans Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Snipped Parsley
- Drain and flake salmon, removing skin and bones.
- Combine salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, onion, horseradish, salt and liquid smoke; mix thoroughly. Chill several hours.
- Combine pecans and parsley. Shape salmon mixture into ball and roll in nut mixture. Chill well. Serve with assorted crackers.
Recipe – Jean Hansen – From Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.