“What kid doesn’t like Rice Krispies Treats! You can use molds for shaping into different animals, bears were particularly popular at one time. I would make these up for school events for my kids instead of cupcakes. They were always a big hit.” – Calla Ferre
“Once I start making these, I can’t stop! I end up going back to the grocery store to get more supplies the next day. I remember Mom making them in the shapes of bears and dinosaurs when we were little.” – April Ferre
Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 10-Ounce Package (About 40 Regular) or 4 Cups Miniature Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 5 to 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- Stove Top Directions: Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies Cereal and stir until well coated. Press warm mixture into buttered 9×13-inch pan. Cut into squares when cool. Makes 24 2-inch squares.
- Microwave Directions. Combine butter and marshmallows and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir ingredients to blend and microwave an additional minute. Stir. Add Rice Krispies Cereal and stir until cereal is well coated. Press into 9×13-inch pan. Cut into squares when cool. Makes 24 2-inch squares.
- Substitution: About 2 Cups Marshmallow Creme may be substituted for marshmallows, but best when made from fresh marshmallows. Add to melted butter and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, and then proceed as directed above.
Recipe – Calla Ferre