“A really nice, hot sandwich with a rich flavor. I’m not big on sauerkraut, so I go light on it. This recipe makes quite a bit, but is easily cut down by 1/3.” – April Ferre
Reuben Deli Sandwiches
- 3/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon Horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Sauce
- 1 14- Ounce Can Sauerkraut Rinsed & Well Drained
- 3/4 Pound Chopped Corned Beef (About 3 Cups)
- 2 Cups (8 Ounces) Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 30 Slices Rye Bread
- 1/2 Cup Butter Softened
- In large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Stir in sauerkraut, corned beef and cheese. Spread each on 15 slices of rye bread. Top with remaining bread.
- Lightly butter outside of sandwiches. Cook on hot griddle 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Filling keeps well in the refrigerator.
Recipe – Jean Hansen