Refrigerator Coffee Cake
- 1 Recipe Refrigerator Rolls
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Or Margarine Melted
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Orange Rind Grated
- 1/2 Cup Nuts Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Maraschino Cherries Sliced
- For a delicious breakfast coffee cake, roll out enough dough to make a 7×14 inch rectangle (1/8-inch thickness).
- Spread melted butter over rectangle and then dust with a mixture of brown sugar, flour and orange rind. Sprinkle nuts and cherries on top. Roll tightly as for jelly roll and seal ends.
- Place on greased cookie sheet. With scissors, cut roll in half lengthwise. Place one strip across the other to make an "X", keeping cut sides up. Now, starting at center and working to either end, loosely criss-cross strips. Form into ring and seal ends together. Let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Frost with confectioner's sugar glaze (powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, hot water). Best when served warm.
Recipe – Jean Hansen