“I would use this as a quick dinner when the kids were growing up. Ground beef tends to be more economical for growing families, and this was a different way to use this staple.” – Calla Ferre
Quick Hamburger Stroganoff
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Sauce Or Catsup
- 1 Small Can Sliced Mushrooms Drained, Optional
- 1 Cup (1/2 Pint) Sour Cream
- Salt To Taste
- Hot Cooked Noodles Or Rice
- Sauté onion in oil until transparent. Add beef and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Blend in soup, catsup or chili sauce, and sliced mushrooms, if desired. Heat through. Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream (at room temperature) all at once; blend well. Heat gently to serving temperature. Add salt to taste. Serve over hot noodles or rice. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre – From Knudsen’s Cooking for Compliments, 1977