“Well, the title says it all for this recipe!” – Calla Ferre
Quick Cherry Dessert
- 1 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 21-Ounce Can Cherry Pie Filling
- Powdered Sugar
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy. Add almond extract. Stir in flour and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
- Butter 13×9-inch baking pan. Turn mixture into pan. Spoon pie filling into the cake in 16 evenly spaced spots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden and cake tests done. Filling will sink into cake while baking.
- Cut into pieces and serve bottom-side- up. Dust with powdered sugar. Optional: add whipped cream to the top of each serving.
- For variation: substitute other pie filling flavors for cherry. Makes 16 servings.
Recipe – Calla Ferre