“My labmate Julie made this around Thanksgiving one year using one of the French pumpkins our PI’s husband had grown in their back yard. I like to add a bit more chocolate and make creative patterns on top of the cheesecake. ” – April Ferre
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter Melted
- 12 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Fresh or Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg Optional
- 2 Tablespoons Semisweet Chocolate Melted
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar; pour over butter and mix well. Press into bottom of springform pan.
- Cream the cream cheese, add sugar and beat well. Add eggs, beat until smooth. Combine pumpkin, salt and spices; blend well. Add pumpkin mixture to cream cheese slowly while stirring continuously. Pour over crust.
- Drizzle over melted chocolate and run a knife through batter in a criss-cross motion to create a swirling pattern with the chocolate. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.
2007 Recipe – Julie Shaw