“Dawnell’s husband, who went to culinary school, sent this cheesecake to the office one day. We all really enjoyed it, and he was kind enough to share the recipe with us.” – Calla Ferre
- 8 Ounces Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 24 Ounces Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 8 Ounces Sour Cream
- 12 Ounces Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 Teaspoon Clove
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1 ounce sugar. Press into baking dish and bake at 450 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes until edges are dark brown. You should be able to smell it in the oven.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar on low-medium speed until there are no lumps. Incorporate as little air as possible.
- Combine sour cream, pumpkin, spices, and brown sugar. Spoon into cream cheese while mixing on low. Scrape down sides of the bowl, mix again.
- Combine eggs and vanilla. Add to cream cheese mixture slowly until smooth. If you have any lumps, you can strain the mixture.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake in a water bath at 325 degrees for 1 hour until the center looks like jello when you shake the pan or reads 150 on a thermometer. If you overbake it will crack.
2010 Recipe – Dawnell Kenney