“I like this Peanut Brittle Recipe best because I feel like I have better control of it making it on the stove top. It is one of my husband’s absolute favorites.” – Calla Ferre
“Another one of my Christmas candy making staples. And when I’m having a tough time trying to figure out what to get my Dad for Christmas or a Birthday, I make these for him.” – April Ferre
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups (12 Ounces) Raw Spanish Peanuts
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Heat and stir sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy 3-quart saucepan until sugar dissolves. Cook over medium heat to softball stage (234 degrees).
- Add peanuts and salt. Cook to hard crack stage (305 degrees), stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Quickly stir in butter and soda. Pour at once onto two well-buttered cookies sheets, spreading with forks until thin.
- Break up into pieces when cold. Makes 1 1/2 pounds.
Recipe – Calla Ferre