“This rice with a light citrus flavor would go very well with fish, particularly, a nice salmon fillet. Next time I make this, I think some toasted, slivered almonds would be a good addition.” – April Ferre
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 2/3 Cup Celery With Leaves Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Rind Grated
- 1 Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 1/2 Cup Rice
- Cook celery and onion in butter until tender, but not brown. Add water, orange rind, orange juice, salt and thyme. Bring to boil. Mix in rice.
- Cook covered, over low heat, for 25 minutes.
Recipe – Calla Ferre