“Frosted, cake-like and delicious!” – Calla Ferre
Orange Drop Cookies
- 2/3 Cup Shortening
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Rind Grated
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Butter Soft
- 1 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar Sifted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Rind Grated
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg. Stir in orange juice and rind. Sift dry ingredients together and add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until delicately browned on edges.
- Frost with Orange Butter Icing. Makes 4 dozen 2-inch cookies.
- Blend butter powdered sugar together. Stir in orange juice and grated orange rind until smooth.
Recipe – Jean Hansen