“The test of a good gluten-free recipe is if the people eating it can not tell it is gluten-free. This recipe passes that test.” – Calla Ferre
Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 3/4 Cup Butter Melted & Cooled
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Oatmeal
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Craisins Coarsely Chopped (or Raisins)
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, oatmeal, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in craisins.
- The help the cookies better hold their shape, chill dough for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use well greased cookie sheets.
- With a teaspoon, measure out small amounts of cookie dough and form into balls. Place onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until the edges are gold and center is just set, about 8 minutes depending on the size of the cookie.
Gluten-free cookies tend to be less fragile when made as smaller cookies. You can always eat more than one! Do not over bake as this causes the cookie to be dry. When baked for the correct amount of time, this cookie should turn out moist.
2021 Recipe – Calla Ferre