“This recipe came about from our love of mushrooms.” – Calla Ferre
Mom’s Mushroom Sauce
- 3 To 4 Cups Mushrooms Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 1/2 Teaspoons Chicken Base Concentrate Or Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Flour And Water To Thicken
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender. Do not drain. Add water and Chicken Base. Mix flour and water together and use just enough to thicken mushroom mixture. Make slightly thicker than desired and add sour cream. Adding the sour cream will thin mixture slightly.
- Serve warm over baked chicken breasts that have been seasoned with onion salt and garlic. Also good over rice.
Chicken Base used to create this recipe is Minor’s Brand and difficult to find. Chicken Bouillon may be substituted, but may render a more salty tasting sauce.
2005 Original Recipe – Calla Ferre