“I use to be able to make this from memory by taste. But with my allergies, I can’t make it any more. The first time I made it for my husband, he was impressed at how much meat was in the sauce. It’s thick and hearty and makes pasta into a main entree.” – Calla Ferre
Mom’s Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 1/2 Pound Hamburger
- Celery Chopped
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 2 8-Ounce Cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 6-Ounce Can Tomato Paste
- Garlic Powder
- Basil If It Doesn’t Taste Right
- Brown meat; drain. Add onions and celery and cook until translucent.
- Add tomato sauce and paste, then spices. Add mushrooms and parsley last.
1966 Recipe – Jean Hansen